Qarabaghli mimli fil-forn – Stuffed Marrows
6 large marrows
500g mince beef and pork
2 Maltese sausages
Salt and pepper
Basil for garnish
3 spoons Parmesan cheese or cheddar
2 cloves of minced garlic
7 medium sized chopped onions
2 spoons of tomato puree
2 spoons of chopped parsley
10 chopped potatoes
1. Cut the marrows top half, remove the seeds. Scoop the white flesh and put it on a plate to be used later on.
2. Place the minced beef and pork and sausage meat in a bowl together with 2 onions, garlic, eggs, salt, pepper, tomato puree, and parsley.
3. Add also 6 spoons of white flesh to the mix and stir them well.
4. Put the mixture in the marrows.
5. Meanwhile if you have not already done this, dice the potatoes and the other 4 onions.
6. Place the potatoes at the bottom of the pan with the onions over them.
7. Pour some olive oil on top of them and also salt and pepper.
8. Insert the marrows on top, sprinkle some breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese and basil on top as a form of garnish.
9. Sprinkle potatoes with fennel seeds.
10. Bake in the oven at a temperature of 200°C for an hour or more.